Date: 27th March 2020
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Empower yourself with the skillset to provide adults who are less mobile an opportunity to participate in traditional yoga classes.
Chair Yoga will give you with the tools to guide the elderly or less-abled towards maintaining a degree of mobility through movement and to allow a sense of well-being through the yoga practice.
Become a Chair Yoga Teacher:
• You will become increasingly confident in making a difference to the lives of those who experience difficulty taking part in traditional yoga classes
• Your knowledge in creating the optimum environment for classes to become engaging, interactive and supportive will evolve
• You will also learn anti-rheumatic methods to help release tension in the limbs and joints
• By the end of this day you will have learned how to structure and plan an yoga session for adults with physical restrictions
• You will learn skills you can implement in both a one to one and group setting
• You will discover how to use various props to enhance the learning experience
• You will learn skills to help empower a less mobile person to use yoga to become physically, emotionally and psychologically stronger
• You will learn skills you can also adapt for a business setting where workers are sitting at desks for prolonged periods.
Practical solutions to demonstrate how movements and postures can be adjusted and used to become accessible for students who are elderly or less-abled are the primary focus throughout the day. The course tutor will frequently engage you in an experiential series of coordinated sequences using props and hands on assistance for a flexible and adaptable teaching approach.
Your success in completing the ‘Chair Yoga’ course will be celebrated with a Yoga Teachers Forum London 5 CPD points.
Full price: £90
Once payment has been made, you will be emailed confirmation with registration details for the day.
What does my fee cover?
• Full tuition
• Personal contact with the course leader
What does my fee exclude?
• Parking / travel / accommodation
Richard Kravetz has been teaching Yoga for over 15 years to adults, children and people with special needs. He holds a BWY Diploma for teaching adults and children and served as County Rep for North London & City 2005-13.
His interest in Special Needs originated when his second child was born with Global Developmental Delay and he currently teaches at Day Centres, Special Schools and residential homes. Richard’s training enables practitioners to deliver yoga therapy to the wider population and help facilitate yoga for Special Needs.
The day runs on a 1000 to 1600 schedule. You must attend the day in full to receive your 5 CPD hours.
What experience do I need for this course?
This course is open to all, including those who do not teach yoga professionally. Regular attendees of this course include but are not limited to:
• Special needs teachers
• Yoga teachers
• Care professionals
• Anyone interested!
To see the extensive range of CPDs we have designed to give you practical tools that can further develop your teaching practice, please click here,
Can we support you in choosing your course?
If you are unsure about your suitability for this course, or if you have any queries please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies & Procedures For the full course policies and terms & conditions please click here.