Time: 1.30pm - 2.30pm
Upcoming Dates: 3 February 2020, 2 March 2020, 20 April 2020, 11 May 2020, 1 June 2020, 6 July 2020
If you have never experienced a Gong Bath, you're in for a treat! Apart from its mesmerising sound, the gong has been shown to have therapeutic value: to detoxify, reduce blood pressure, relieve stress and stimulate the immune system. All you have to do is lay down and let the sounds wash over you.
Self care: Although he has never come across any health issues, if you are in the first three months of pregnancy, it is advisable not to do any type of yoga or gong meditation. If you wear hearing aids, it is best to remove them so you experience the gong directly, not amplified in any way. While the sound is not particularly loud, if you have a sound sensitive condition such as epilepsy, or wear a pacemaker, then a gong bath might not be for you. If you would like to discuss anything about the session, please contact Nick on 0787-966-6921
11.30am - 12.30pm
Upcoming Dates: 27 Feb, 26 March, 23 April, 21 May
Restful, restorative yoga can help to:
- reduce blood pressure
- improve the immune function
- improve digestion
- reduce muscle tension
- reduce fatigue
In this class Jenni will teach deeply relaxing yoga with plenty of space for relaxation. Bolsters, blankets and props will be provided to ensure deep comfort so you an unwind and let go.
Time: 11.00am - 1.30pm
Date: 14th February 2020
- Wants to nurture your womb as a place of creativity, healing and give birth to new projects
- Feels called to embrace your divine feminine and the sacredness of every day life
- Want to empower other Women
- Want to begin a healing journey with your womb energetically & physically
- Feels the need to rest, be supported and nourished.
Time: 10.30am - 1.30pm
Date: 13th March 2020
Welcome back to the Moon Circle. A safe space to 'be' with other women in a non judgemental environment.
This is an extended moon circle and in this space we will take part in a meditation to connect us all, opening a safe space before taking part in a sharing circle. Anything is welcome here and Melonie will hold the space for authenticity.
Time: 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Date: 16th March 2020
A workshop for yoga teachers who wish to work with those affected by cancer, and for therapists and cancer professionals who wish to offer some yoga practises to their clients. This 3 hour CPD workshop will give you practical skills that you can take away with you to confidently and safely work with people affected by cancer.
There will be a good mix of theory, discussion, Q&A and practical teaching experience so that at the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with cancer patients
- Assess whether you are able to teach someone safely
- Have the knowledge to integrate someone living with cancer in your class
- Create a lesson plan for one-to-one sessions and/or home practise
- Build a network and resources to support yourself and people living with cancer
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Date: 27th March 2020
Time: 10.30am - 1.30pm
Date: 24th April 2020
Investment £55.00 (early booking special offer)
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Date: 22nd May 2020
This Level 3 QNUK Emergency First Aid at Work qualification is a one day course that covers a range of CPR and first aid skills. The training enables a firstaider to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work.
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm (including break for lunch)
Date: 5th June 2020
Time: 9.30am - 3.30pm
Date: 3rd July 2020
A 5 hour CPD day for yoga teachers keen to find a balance in their teaching between stretch and stability. Patanjali (II,46) states that "asana is a steady, comfortable posture"suggesting both strength and openness. How do we find this for ourselves and embed it in our teaching?
This workshop will be a combination of anatomy and breathing theory, analysis of asanas/sequences.
If you are a yoga teacher in North London you are invited to join the Yoga Teacher’s Forum London. Each meeting will be led by a yoga teacher and will look at a particular topic of interest. The meeting will be eligible for 2 CPD hours.
The forum currently meets one Wednesday per month at Maple Close Studio between 1.30-3.30pm
Meetings by invitation:
- Wednesday 29th January 2020 - “Pre & Postnatal Yoga” led by Jill Miller
- Wednesday 26th February 2020 - “Hasta Mudras & Hands in Yoga” led by Joanna Benn
- Wednesday 25th March 2020 - “Running Retreats, Workshops and Training Courses for Yoga Teachers” led by Judy Sampathy, Yoga United
- Wednesday 29th April 2020 - “Cycles of Womanhood” led by Jenni Stone
- Wednesday 20th May 2020 - "Pranayama" led by Maxine Levy
- Wednesday 24th June 2020 - "Yoga Philosophy in Practice" led by Susan Lodge
- Wednesday 15th July 2020 - "Kundalini Mantra Meditation" led by Nick Stolerman
- Wednesday 30th September 2020 - "Teaching Yin Yoga" led by Helen Boby
- Wednesday 28th October 2020 - "Body Positive Yoga" led by Donna Noble
Other events suitable for teachers will take place throughout the year. Please contact Julia directly if you would like to join the group and to find out more about the regular Wednesday meetings.
Visit our Teacher's Forum page for more information
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/yogateachersforum/