Date: Monday 8th July 2019
Time: 1.30pm - 4.30pm
A workshop for yoga teachers who wish to work with those affected by cancer, and for therapists and cancer professionals who wish to offer some yoga practises to their clients. This 3 hour CPD workshop will give you practical skills that you can take away with you to confidently and safely work with people affected by cancer.
There will be a good mix of theory, discussion, Q&A and practical teaching experience so that at the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with cancer patients
- Assess whether you are able to teach someone safely
- Have the knowledge to integrate someone living with cancer in your class
- Create a lesson plan for one-to-one sessions and/or home practise
- Build a network and resources to support yourself and people living with cancer
Subject areas will include:
- An overview of cancer and common medical treatments
- How cancer diagnosis and treatments may affect people
- Who are we being when we teach yoga to people with cancer?
- Safety assessments before teaching (and when not to teach)
- Lesson planning - beneficial practises to include, precautions and modifications
- Supporting yourself as a teacher